Cold Winter Days: A Perfect Afternoon In

Tuesday 16 December 2014

This is, sort of, our first official ever blog post!

It seems fitting somehow that the topic be food, rest and relaxation. After a hectic month getting all your lovely orders out, we decided to take a little indulgent self care day! And on the cards? Of course, it had to be Christmas movies, hot chocolate and a tonne of blankets to snuggle in.


We decided to make some hot chocolate stirrers (albeit nowhere near as Mello Mallo's fluffy mallow goodness, you can order some from her here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mellomallo).


Firstly, I dug out my handy fondue set, a couple of big mugs, hot chocolate, marshmallows, sprinkles and some straws. I actually chose some really nice Belgium caramel hot chocolate I was bought although I did contemplate hot drinking fudge.

 

What I love about hot chocolate stirrers is they're so delicious yet quick and easy to make. All you really need is marshmallows and for a little bit extra, some chocolate or sprinkles. I would really recommend getting Mikado or Pocky for your stirrers, but as we didn't have any in, we made do with paper straws! Note: we even chose classic red stripes, in keeping with good ol' festive spirit.

If you have any Christmas mugs, grab them! I love Cath Kidston mugs, particularly the old style, as they're so big - more hot chocolate for me! I have had my eye on some adorable festive mugs from some fellow Etsy sellers, which I can link below if you'd like.


Now, all you need to do is pop the kettle on, put your straws or pocky sticks in the marshmallows, melt your chocolate, dip them and viola! There you have it.



What would make this your perfect lazy day in?


1 comment

  1. Ok after Christmas, I'm going to try this... as I'm not relishing the thought of cold winter days of January and February and this will make everyone happy - although I don't think mine will look as neat as yours! x (I'm larryware)

    ReplyDelete