DIY: Cheap and Easy Five Minute Pegs!

Monday 16 February 2015



The weather is getting better, plants are starting to appear and it's time for that dreaded spring clean! However, if you're anything like me, you've just paid off a bunch of bills and don't have a lot of spare cash.

One of my current favourite DIYs are these super easy and cheap magnetic pegs, perfect for pinning up important letters, things you need but constantly lose or your little one's drawings. You can make them as decorative or simple as you like, using paint, washi tape, buttons and resins. 


I'm quite minimalist in my style so I went for a simple colour block in my absolute favourite colours - bright pink, mint and gold. I used spray paints, due to their relative ease and affordability. I'm going to be planting soon and have a bunch of tin cans ready for me to paint up, so spray paints are always super handy to have around the house to add a quick splash of colour to otherwise plain bits and bobs. 


Another good colour choice would be copper. Copper accents are currently my absolute favourite and Rustoleum do a reaaaaally good copper spray paint. I used gold for these as my copper paint is currently running low, but you can't go wrong with any splash of metallic!


To do this, literally all you need are:

- Wooden pegs (which can be found at your local pound shop or supermarket)
- Magnets (optional) 
- Paint, washi tape or other embellishments

I put magnets on the back of mine so I can pin them on my fridge and boiler, but another quick and easy alternative is to hang some twine or pretty ribbon up and clip them on. 


Know any other good cheap organisation DIYs? Leave your suggestions below in the comments!



No comments

Post a Comment