Follow your own path. Try not to step in anything.

Thursday 19 February 2015


As a huge crafter at heart, I haunt a number of crafting groups on Facebook and am always amazed by the things I stumble upon. This week, I wanted to share this piece by the talented Crafty Little Sew and Sew who I discovered via The Handcrafters Lounge. Although this piece was my absolute favourite, Tracey does a range of stitched products, from little sock cats to handsewn flowers!

I absolutely love positive quotes and anything embroidery related, so this instantly captured my heart by ticking both those boxes. Plus, I absolutely love the way she photographed it - the natural wicker really sets it off. She kindly agreed to answer a few questions for me, which I've included below:

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN SEWING FOR?
"I've always been crafty, and used to make all sorts of things when I was little - from macaroni necklaces to finger knitted scarves for my toys. My first sewing project was decorating a cushion for my son to use at school four years ago. I enjoyed making it so much I haven't put my needle down since!"


WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE PROJECT YOU'VE UNDERTAKEN TO DATE?
"My favourite sewing project to date has to be a fleece English Bull Terrier I made to match a photo of a little boy's pet.  I used accurate dimensions to make the pooch as realistic as possible, down to him having one black ear and a bandana!"


WHAT ITEMS DO YOU MOST ENJOY DOING?
"I most enjoy making the bears I call Teddy Long Legs. When I began sewing, a bear was one of the first things I made using a sewing machine. I love that they can be made from new fabric, or from an old special piece of clothing."

You can find her work at https://www.facebook.com/CraftyLittleSewAndSew, where you can browse her items and get in touch if you're interested in something custom. She's super friendly and approachable, and posts the best little updates!

No comments

Post a Comment