LIFE HACK: WAFFLE IRON PANINIS

Monday 23 March 2015


Love paninis but don't have a panini maker or press? If, like me, you have a waffle iron lurking away in the depths of your kitchen cupboards, it turns out they do exactly the same job.

Around a year ago I impulse bought a waffle iron (for what reason I shall never know, I think at the time I thought 'oh it would be so cool if I could make waffles at home!'). As a result, I've used it a grand total of once (I know, I know), and one day just decided maybe I could try it out for paninis too. I mean, with the exception of the grid markings, it pretty much does the same thing, right? Like we all do, I turned to Google to investigate further and it turns out it's actually a thing.



I decided on mozzarella and red pesto, the best combination known to man, and Eloise went for cheddar cheese and salami with sweet chilli sauce. The photos really don't do the taste of them justice because it was serious nommage. We also decided to have chips alongside as it was a joint lunch/dinner thing (too late for lunch but too early to have dinner), a well known naughty but nice match made in heaven.

If you're a panini addict too, let us know your favourite combinations below!

2 comments

  1. I like paninis but only get them when i go to costa and I usually just get cheese and ham =] because im simple haha

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks suuuper tasty :)

    www.midgins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete